Attention: While it is possible to play the game in the browser, the downloadable version runs much smoother.
Politics - Rome
Did you ever want to be the dictator of the everlasting city? Me neither, but never the less, now you can. In Politics Rome you take over the role of the newly empowered ruler of Rome at the end of the republic.
Politics Rome is a short strategy game in which you play as a newly elected politician. You now have to please the public and boost your popularity to stay in power.
In Politics Rome you can
- Establish laws
- Declare wars.
- Talk to people.
- Talk to the merchant in the back-left corner
- Ruin the country
- Become broke
- Die of age
- Die of execution
- Die of execution after a revolution
- Die of execution after you lost the war
- Die of execution after you demanded taxes without giving something back to the people
- Rise to the stars as a good statesman (A reference to Scipio's Dream in Ciceros "De re publica")
- Rise to the stars as a statesman who did nothing for 3.4 minutes
- Rise to the stars as a dictator who died of age.
Besides this the goal is uncertain. Just as in real politics there is no clear goal. But like most politicians try to also do something good for the people you can try to maximize your popularity score or try to stay in power as long as possible.
How to play (VERY HELPFUL)
The screenshot above shows how the game looks most of the time.
- If you hover over a law, this field will show what it would cost to establish the corresponding law.
- If you hover over a law, this will show how your popularity will change when this law would be established.
- If you hover over a law, this will show how much money you will gain monthly when this law would be activated.
- If you hover over a law, this will show how much money you will lose monthly when this law would be activated.
- If you hover over a law, this will show how your popularity will change monthly because of this law when this law would be activated.
- If you hover over a law, this textarea will tell you what this law would do.
- These fields show how your states will change when the month ends.
- This is your character
- This UI-Element shows how much time is left until the end of the month and how long the game is already running.
- These fields show your current stats.
In the Roman republic, you could only be consul ones and only for 2 (/4) years. To stay in power longer there had to be some type of war going on. So if you want to stay in power longer than the regular 24 month you have to have the War-law activated.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.